Others call it a drink, I call it perseverance. Others say that "I would like a coffee in the morning," I say, "Do not talk to me before I drink coffee."
What does this show? That coffee is a dependency and you know that you are addicted to coffee when:
* You refuse to say good morning before you grab your morning cup.
* You have your own personal morning mug from which you drink. Also in extreme cases, you have an afternoon mug and a weekend mug, which is larger than your normal mug because on weekends you have time to drink more coffee.
* A standard coffee does noting for you anymore. If it's not double, it may as well be water.
* You drink a double dose of a double espresso.
* Adding milk or flavoured syrups to your coffee is blasphemy.
* You enjoy to chew on coffee beans.
* You get angry when the waiter dares to ask "are you finished?" and attempts to take away your mug that clearly has a few drops left.
* You refer to a sip of coffee as medicine.
* You make coffee so strong that no one can drink it except you.
* You spend more money on coffee than on clothes or food ("It has to be single origin!").
* Every cake your order or make is coffee flavoured.