Chia Seeds are the edible seeds of Salvia hispanica, a flowering plant in the mint family (Lamiaceae) native to Central America, or of the related Salvia columbariae of the southwestern United States and Mexico. Chia seeds are oval and gray with black and white spots, having a diameter around 1 millimetre.
In the 21st century, Chia is grown and consumed commercially in its native Mexico and Guatemala, as well as Bolivia, Argentina, Ecuador, Nicaragua, and Australia.
Chia seeds may be sprinkled or ground up on top of other foods. Chia seeds can also be mixed into smoothies, breakfast cereals, energy bars, granola bars, yogurt, tortillas, and bread. They can be soaked in water and consumed directly or mixed with any kind of juice to make chia fresca or with milk.
So let's see the Top 10 reasons to add them in your daily diet:
1. They do not contain gluten
2. It is an excellent source of fiber that helps digestion and good bowel function.
3.They are rich in antioxidants. They are 4 times more powerful antioxidant foods than blackberries.
4. They help in slimming by reducing hunger and preventing the assimilation of some foods from the body that are responsible for the intake of unnecessary calories.
5. They contain 20% omega-3 that make them overwhelmed by the mind and heart. In fact, they contain 8 times more omega-3 acids than salmon.
6. There have seven times more vitamin C than oranges.
7. Chia seeds contain 5 times more calcium than milk.
8. They contain 20% protein and 8 essential amino acids for the body.
9. They are considered excellent food for diabetics, since they control blood glucose levels.
10 They have three times more iron than spinach and a double source of potassium from the banana.